Today I’ll be sharing my first ever tag! I was tagged by the always lovely Sophie Harris to create this body positive post for everyone.
The rules are to thank your “tagger” and link their blog ^, be truthful when answering the questions and don’t judge others, feel free to add any body-positivity related questions, nominate as many people as you can to spread the love and acceptance and self-worth/esteem boost!
1. One feature you love about yourself: My eyebrows. They’ve gone to hell and back over the years because I was learning how to do them and what shape and size worked best with my face. I’ve finally found the perfect brow and I keep up with them weekly to maintain that slaying look.
2. One feature you wished you could change that you are trying to accept: Something I wish I could’ve changed and actually did was I got cosmetic add-ons to the teeth beside my front two because the adult ones came in super small and made my front teeth look way bigger. Something I wanted to change, but am learning to accept is my nose- I’ve never liked it, but my boyfriend does and he told me he’d never want me to change it.
3. Have you ever thought of getting surgery to change your imperfections? Laser eye surgery because my vision is awful and my eyes are too sensitive for contacts and I don’t want to walk down the aisle at my own wedding wearing glasses to see my man.
5. Has a family member or friend ever put you down about your physical appearance? If so, what for? I got made fun of quite a bit when I was younger for having a mustache cause I’m Italian and I have dark hair on my upper lip, and at the elementary and middle school age I hadn’t started waxing it yet. Now I keep up with it just like my brows and it doesn’t bother me too much.
6. Something you love about your fashion sense or style? It’s not one thing, it’s everything. I have a wide range of what I like to wear, but everything I feel comfortable in. I like dark clothing, colors, body-hugging, and baggy stuff too. I love putting together outfits and I go nuts for pieces that work well in multiple ways.
7. Why is your body a great place to be? I treat it well, and I’m finally at the place in my life where I’m accepting of it not because I feel I can’t change it- but because I don’t want to. I went through a lot of pain and uncertainty to come to the conclusion that I have a gluten sensitivity, but now that I know and have altered my diet to be kind to my tummy… I feel so much better! If I wanna workout, I do, but if I don’t- it’s not too big of a deal to me cause I’m super healthy still. I eat very well and my boyfriend and I stay active enough to maintain healthy weights.
You might be able to tell from my peaceful expression and lifted head that I was feeling myself this day, and that much is true. I love this dress and having the minimal makeup of just mascara and a bold, summery red lip makes me feel pretty. Plus, I really enjoy this bun-on-top hairstyle and I know my boyfriend likes it a lot too! The white shoes tie into the little white parts on the dress and my Coach bag goes well with everything… basically when my “look” is together, so am I (:
I loved putting this post together and going through these questions- thank you again to Sophie for tagging me! I nominate YOU if you’re reading this and please SHARE this by tagging everyone who reads your post about it too. Thanks for stopping by (: